The shoulder is vulnerable to everyday wear, overuse and aging. It’s also susceptible to injury during athletic activities, work-related tasks, home-improvement projects or an accidental fall.
The leading causes of shoulder pain are bursitis, tendinitis and an irritated rotator cuff. A fracture, separation or torn rotator cuff can cause extreme pain, swelling, weakness and nerve problems.
At Windham Hospital, we take care of every level of shoulder injury with the expertise to treat rotator cuff tears, impingement syndrome and shoulder instability problems like torn labrums. We also offer total shoulder replacement and reverse total shoulder replacement procedures.
We can help with:
- Advanced arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- Minimally-invasive and open-shoulder surgery.
- Rotator cuff repair.
- SLAP (labrum) and instability repair.
- Total and reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
- Reconstruction of the AC (acromioclavicular) joint at the top of the shoulder.
- Treatment of the youth athlete.