The Auxiliary to Windham Hospital (AWH), established in 1933, has played an integral part in daily activities at the Hospital.
For nearly 80 years, its members have fostered goodwill in the community, sponsored fund-raising events throughout the year, volunteered in the Coffee and Gift Shops, and served the Hospital in countless ways. Multiple Auxilians have celebrated 50 years of service to Windham Hospital.
Auxiliary Assisted Funded Projects
- Renovations in the Greer Unit
- The family waiting room on the 4th floor
- The radiology dressing room
- The provision of recycling bins for the Hospital
- Purchase of an infant scale in OB and a blanket warmer in CCU
Funds for these important enhancements were garnered through the annual Wine & Spirits Tasting, Recognition Tea, Autumn Gala, Holiday Bazaar, and special vendor sales, as well as receipts from the Coffee and Gift Shops.
Additionally, the AWH purchases fabric for the Red Blanket Initiative (a program identifying patients at risk for falls), provides magazine subscriptions for waiting rooms throughout the Hospital, sponsors the breakfast for Go Red for Women, and supports other Hospital initiatives. One very successful program funded by the Auxiliary is the Annual Student Scholarship--each year, the Auxiliary awards $1000 scholarships to two local students embarking on careers in healthcare.
Anne L. Card Scholarship