A tradition of excellence…a commitment to patient safety and satisfaction.
Quality is at the Core of Our Mission
Top-quality healthcare and patient safety are central to everything we do at Windham Hospital. Our mission is to “enhance the lives and wellbeing of the people in the communities we serve by providing quality healthcare,” and that means adhering to evidence-based standards of care and always putting patient safety first.
Windham Hospital is dedicated to providing you and your doctors with up-to-date information on our performance, as measured by process-of-care benchmarks established for hospitals nationwide by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The CMS standards set forth key elements of care in four areas. You can visit the CMS website to read more about quality and safety issues in hospitals, and then click HERE to select one of the areas to compare our performance in a given period against the average hospital performance in Connecticut and the United States.
These standards establish key elements of care in four areas:
Access Hospital Compare.
- Heart Attack: This condition is also known as Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Heart Failure: This condition is also known as Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and is due to a decrease in the heart’s pumping ability.
- Pneumonia: This condition is due to an infection of the lung producing shortness of breath, fever, and cough.
- Surgical Care Improvement/Surgical Infection Prevention: This set of standards focuses on practices that can decrease the chance of wound infection after surgery.
Quality and Safety Improvement Efforts
- From the home page select "Find and Compare Hospitals".
- From the subsequent pages you have various search options available to you. You can search by specific conditions or procedures for a particular hospital, or various hospitals in your area. Search results include Hospital Process of Care Measures, Hospital Outcome of Care Measures (where available), a Survey of Patients' Hospital Experiences and Medicare Payment and Volume for Selected Medical Conditions or Surgical Procedures.
Windham Hospital has initiated multiple quality-improvement efforts with the goal of improving patient safety and medical outcomes as we provide compassionate, appropriate and efficient care. One recent iniative is our effort to create a quieter, more restful facility. Our attention to this has already improved patient satisfaction. We are committed to continuing improvement in this, and other, areas.
Compare Our Performance
Windham Hospital is dedicated to providing you with up-to-date information on our performance on key process of care standards as set by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and The Joint Commission (our accrediting body). Our current performance indicators show that Windham Hospital provides care that compares very favorably with other hospitals, both in Connecticut and nationwide. Our staff never stops searching for ways to improve our services to patients, and thus, our quality indexing scores. We take your health, safety, and satisfaction very seriously. Please don't hesitate to share concerns, complaints or compliments with your doctor, nurse or any other hospital staff member. Your feedback does make a difference!