About the Job Shadow Program
The job shadowing program at our hospital provides current or prospective health-care students a chance to observe health-care employees in a workplace setting. The goal is to help individuals learn about health career options, as well as the education and skills required for different occupations in the health-care field. The job shadowing experience is designed to be a one-time observation only experience, lasting two to four hours. The job shadowing experience does not fulfill any clinical or internship requirements; nor does it provide any hands-on experience. Job shadowing is for individual participants only, and is not available for groups of students. Job shadowing participants are not paid for their time.
Who is eligible to participate:
- High school students age 16 or older, 18 or older for Emergency Department
- College students
- Individuals exploring a 2nd career
The goals of the job shadowing program at Windham Hospital are to assist students in accomplishing the following:
- Observe daily routines of healthcare workers
- Begin to identify career interests in healthcare
- Gain awareness of the academic, technical and personal skills required in healthcare professions
- Gain an understanding of the work environment that can be unique to a particular profession
- Develop an understanding of the critical connections between school, work and goal attainment
To arrange a Job Shadow experience, please contact Rebecca Putnam, Job Shadow Program Coordinator at 860-456-6700 or by email at Rebecca.Putnam@hhchealth.org
Once your completed shadow application and required forms have been received, reviewed and approved, you will be contacted and a shadowing experience can be arranged. Please allow 2-3 weeks for approval.